THE DEHAVEN FAMILY

We are a military family, just beginning our lives in this whole new adventure! My husband, Matt, is in the U.S. Navy and works as a hospital corpsman. We have two beautiful daughters, Finley, 5 and Charli Lyn, 20 months. We feel so blessed to have each other and to take on this new lifestyle together.



Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Playdate!

Finley and Solomon are both 4 years old, 3 days apart, and in the same preschool class. They have become the best of friends. It is the cutest thing to watch them interact! Solomon's mom, Amy, approached me one day and asked if we would like to have a playdate and of course we were in! Ever since the first playdate, we have become such great friends. Solomon also has a little brother, West, who is 2 weeks older than Charli. I'm pretty sure this was all meant to be!!!
We take the kids different places all the time on our playdates. We do Chick-Fil-A with the playground there, Lakes Park, the beach, one of our houses...its great that we mix it up for the kids so they dont get completely bored going to the same places all the time.
I am so happy for Finley that she has found such a great friend. I am torn inside that I will be taking that away from her when we move. It just breaks my heart that she and Solomon will be so sad to be apart from each other. Amy and I have decided to let the kids Skype with each other and they can become pen pals as well. I hope we can always keep them in touch. Ms. Katie, their preschool teacher, told us last week that there isn't a day that goes by that the kids aren't holding hands and hugging! It's too sweet!! I'm so glad we started having playdates when we did!! We will be having like 2 a week til we leave!! Trying to get as much needed time in as possible!
Here are some pictures from a playdate at Lakes Park. The kids had a blast!! Enjoy :)










No comments:

Post a Comment