THE DEHAVEN FAMILY

We are a military family, just beginning our lives in this whole new adventure! My husband, Matt, is in the U.S. Navy and works as a hospital corpsman. We have two beautiful daughters, Finley, 5 and Charli Lyn, 20 months. We feel so blessed to have each other and to take on this new lifestyle together.



Friday, February 4, 2011

5 Year Milestone!!

February 4 is such a special date to Matt and I. For one reason, it was Matt's moms' birthday and the second reason, is that it is our wedding anniversary! I know for some of you, you remember the "ta-da" wedding in December, but Matt and I celebrate this one, as this was the wedding that made my stomach shrink into the tiniest ball and my nerves couldn't be calmed by anything. I really new what it felt like to have the pre-wedding jitters!!! I couldn't control myself all day. I was feeling the panic of it all, the excitement of it all...I was feeling "the everything!". But I will say that no matter how nervous I was, it was the greatest, best, most special moment between Matt and I. My dad was gracious enough to accept the responsibility of marrying us that night. A simple wedding in jeans and cowboy boots with some close friends and family. It was perfect. So simplistic..without all the ruffles and catering issues...it was idealistic!
So today marks the first anniversary milestone! I'm so excited and still can't believe it! I still get swept away by him. I still fall in love all over again with him. Its amazing that 5 years later, not that it is a long time or anything, the feelings are just as strong and they grow everyday! Even that we spent the 4th year apart, we still keep on pushing through this and are determined to come out of all this on top!
There isn't anything more that could make me so happy today other than being able to just hug my husband. I hate that we cant even hold hands today, or kiss, or share a meal. I just would love nothing more than to celebrate this anniversary!! Hopefully, someday soon we will.
I just am so excited what our life will bring to us in these next 5 years, given what its given us the past 5 years! It makes it all a little more interesting! I can't wait to be back together with him and finally be a real family again and keep pushing through day by day to reach our next milestone anniversary! I love you Matt! I am so lucky to have you! You are everything to me and we are going to have an amazing life that will last forever! Cheers to the next 5 years!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment