THE DEHAVEN FAMILY

We are a military family, just beginning our lives in this whole new adventure! My husband, Matt, is in the U.S. Navy and works as a hospital corpsman. We have two beautiful daughters, Finley, 5 and Charli Lyn, 20 months. We feel so blessed to have each other and to take on this new lifestyle together.



Monday, February 6, 2012

2 weeks in update

Life can be crazy and life can be busy...mine has been both! Time has been flying by! I am leaning to the positive side of that because it just means Matt is closer to coming home! I have been blessed enough to be able to talk on the phone and Skype with him daily now that he is in his "work up" stages of the deployment. I know once all of that is completed, I'll be wanting these days back. The girls and I are getting along great, getting a schedule down somewhat and keeping busy. My dad was here visiting for 2 weeks and that helped me so much, I never wanted him to leave! He is so great with the girls and they jsut adore and idolize him. When he left it was a real reality wake up call for me, now Im on my own and its all on me, everything relies on me. As a mother, as a wife, its a lot to take in. But Im keeping strong, as strong as i can be, and pushing through the days and holding onto my girls as tight as i can. They are so wonderful. They are my blessing in life and I have no idea where I would be without them. The love we have has grown stronger now that we are all that each other have. I know how much they miss their daddy and Im trying my best to be strong for them and hold them close to me. It does really amaze me how strong a love you have for your kids and how much they love you back. A bond that really cant ever be broken.
Back to the update..we are doing well. Busy with school and work and having some really great friends to help me through my everyday life. I am truly blessed! Matt has been really great too. He is very supportive of me and what i am doing with the girls. He is hanging in there and getting through his tough training days. We had our 6 year anniversary on Saturday and that was a hard day, since it was the second year in a row that we have spent the greatest day in our lives apart. I did get a surprise bouquet of beautiful flowers from him. Such a sweet guy! Im hoping this will be the last year we spend that day apart.
I am so proud of him. He is such a strong, determined, unique, special, wonderful man. A wonderful father and husband. I know he will succeed at this deployment and come home safe and sound. We all love you honey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment