THE DEHAVEN FAMILY

We are a military family, just beginning our lives in this whole new adventure! My husband, Matt, is in the U.S. Navy and works as a hospital corpsman. We have two beautiful daughters, Finley, 5 and Charli Lyn, 20 months. We feel so blessed to have each other and to take on this new lifestyle together.



Wednesday, January 11, 2012

10 days out...

On October 4, 2011, I got a call from Matt on his way home from work. I noticed his somber tone and he said, "I have some news, Im going on the deployment and I leave in January." Little did I know how fast the time was going to fly by! Here we are 10 days out from this deployment beginning and I find myself stumped at the thought of how quickly life has moved right by! I guess its really true what they say...Time flys by when you're having fun! I am so ready to get this whole deployment underway and get the countdown clock going!! I want to see the numbers of days and hours decrease everyday instead of seeing them stand still. Im ready for him to get over there and do his thing, help soldiers and serve his country proudly and then come home safe and sound. There wouldnt be a greater gift, than a husband going to war, to come back without injury or scars, (physically or mentally), and for us all to be a family again. I will be longing for that day everyday he is away and I know our girls will be longing and wishing for the same thing, for daddy to come home to us. I just hope and pray that I will hold it together for the time he is away for my girls. I need to be their rock and statue of a mother. I am going to be carrying the weight of a mother and father on my shoulders, and as much as Matt is involved in their lives and is such an active father and helps me all the time, I know that I will be struggling with the role of both of us. I am very blessed to have him as a husband and as the father of my kids because he helps me out so much with them. I know I'll be missing that big time!! But life goes on and I'm sure we will get into our routines and hold onto each other and get through this together. Its really amazing at times like this, times when you know who you can count on and who you cant, where family and your closest and best friends are there for you day and night. Now, Im a busy mom and wife and dont have too many friends, but I do know the ones I have are sending me their love and prayers and lending their ears for the insane amount of crying and complaining and "I just need to talk to a friend" moods Im going to be experiencing and I cant thank you all enough for all of your support and friendship and love throughout this! It means the world to me and my family and the truth that I couldnt go through this without each one of you being by my side. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. I know that if you havent had an experience yet, something that has been where I have been there for you for as long as you needed me, you will go through one, and I give my word that I will be a rock to you to help you and support you as you have done for me.
If everyone out there can please send your wishes of good luck and please send your prayers our way as Matt begins this. We are grateful to you. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment