THE DEHAVEN FAMILY

We are a military family, just beginning our lives in this whole new adventure! My husband, Matt, is in the U.S. Navy and works as a hospital corpsman. We have two beautiful daughters, Finley, 5 and Charli Lyn, 20 months. We feel so blessed to have each other and to take on this new lifestyle together.



Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Resolution!

Happy new year to everyone! While I'm at it, Happy Holidays as well! I am the busiest, biggest slacker on this blog! I can't believe that May was the last time I posted a blog on here. So my new year, new resolution is to stick with it!!! Let's see if I can do that! I sure hope everyone out there enjoyed the holidays with their friends and family. From the beginning of November, we have been nonstop with traveling, holiday company, friends visiting, etc. It's been wonderful! We took a family trip to Disney the first week of November and just had the time of our lives there with the girls! Nothing beats seeing so much happiness and smiles on their faces. It lights up my world. A week later we had Matt's stepdad, Pop Pop, as the girls call him, visit for almost a week. What a great time we had! So much fun and so good to see him! Quickly after that, we had Adam, a great friend from Matt's bot camp and corpsman school, come out to visit for Thanksgiving and stay for a long weekend. He is such a great friend and the girls just love him! We sure hope he visits soon! Not too long after he went back to Texas, we had Matt's cousins, Jen and McKane and their son, Kyan, visit from virginia. We just love spending time with them! Such great people! Kyan and the girls had a lot of fun playing and getting to know each other. I couldn't believe at this point we had had so many visitors and the company could have kept coming because we love having friends and family visit. It helps the time go by and we love spending all that time with people we truly care about. Such an amazing way to spend the holiday season! My parents were next on the list, and they flew into Charleston and we picked them up and spent the day there. Old town Charleston is so beautiful and unique. We had the greatest Christmas with them and the girls. Of course, the girls were truly spoiled rotten by Santa, us and my parents!! They got so much stuff! I swear Im going to have to get rid of everything they have to make room for all the new! The only thing that stunk was the fact that we were all under the weather the whole time they were here and we infected them :( I swear the germs here are awful. The allergies dont help and neither does preschool! Im praying we are all on the mend at this point!! But besides the fact that we were sick, we had an amazingly wonderful holiday season and are sad to see it end! But 2012 will be an interesting year and I hope everything that happens is great and for the best of everyone! Happy new year to all and make it a prosperous one!

No comments:

Post a Comment