THE DEHAVEN FAMILY

We are a military family, just beginning our lives in this whole new adventure! My husband, Matt, is in the U.S. Navy and works as a hospital corpsman. We have two beautiful daughters, Finley, 5 and Charli Lyn, 20 months. We feel so blessed to have each other and to take on this new lifestyle together.



Tuesday, January 3, 2012

19 days and counting...

For those out there that I dont speak to on a regular basis, dont know that we are going to be going through a military family's worst nightmare soon. My husband found out back in October that he is deploying to Afghanistan. I couldnt tell you what I felt when I heard the news. We had discussed it before, somewhat in depth, that he may deploy someday. Well, that "someday" came quick. There wasn't enough words to comfort me at the time. I never had imagined a life like this, I never thought I'd go through this. Although, being active duty, its always an option for these guys to be "voluntold", they tell you to go and you really do have a choice but they "ask" you anyway, to serve their country overseas. I had come to terms with that, I thought, but its still a working progress. Anyway, he has to go through deployment training workups and will be leaving us Jan 22. I'm not looking forward to that day at all. Although, Im trying to keep a positive outlook on things, but to be honest, its extremely hard. We just reunited back together as a family in March, so it really hasnt even been a year yet. He will be going back and forth between the east and west coast and will fly overseas sometime in late february or early March. I know howe much this is going to be difficult and I really dont think I know how to handle this. I feel for my girls, especially with Finley knowing whats going on and she understands it all. Charli is just the biggest "daddy's girl" and I know she will be heartbroken when she figures out that daddy isnt here all the time. It just saddens my heart. I know that I'm going to have to be a rock and be the strongest I can be, but how long can I keep up with that? I know I have a breaking point too and I just hope I can push through everyday knowing that at one point he will come home and we will be a family under one roof again!
Being overseas is going to be hard for Matt too. Probably harder on him than us. But his stepdad gave him an ipad for christmas so that we can Skype as much as we can when he is over there. Also, a lady in Michigan, donated a laptop to me and the girls with a webcam so that we can use this in the home to skype with him back. We didnt have a computer and we were saving our money to buy one, but thankfully these gracious people took care of that for us and from the bottoms of hearts we thank you! You are and will be the reason my husband and my girls and I will be able to see each other a couple times a week!! So thank you!!
So, please send prayers to our family as we go into this difficult and nercvous time here in our lives. We would greatly appreciate it. I pray that we get through this hands down and he comes home safely and healthy! We love you Matt so much and we will be right here waiting for you when you come home, but home wont be home without you, so please just do your job over there and stay safe and hurry home! January to Ocotber/November is going to be very empty without you, but thankfully we can use our computers and see each other as often as we can! All of our love and prayers and warm hugs are being sent to you everyday! Love all of your girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment