THE DEHAVEN FAMILY

We are a military family, just beginning our lives in this whole new adventure! My husband, Matt, is in the U.S. Navy and works as a hospital corpsman. We have two beautiful daughters, Finley, 5 and Charli Lyn, 20 months. We feel so blessed to have each other and to take on this new lifestyle together.



Wednesday, January 14, 2009

About The DeHaven's: How it began....



Hello fellow bloggers!! We are the DeHaven Family residing in The Plains, Virginia. For most of you that know us...we have had quite a year. Moving from Fort Myers, Fl to Cape cod, Mass to The Plains, VA....I think we have the moving thing down. We know exactly what to do when it comes to moving. Hopefully we won't be doing any of that soon. For those of you who are not so familiar with us, I will fill you in. Matt and I met in Fort Myers, Fl. He was my friend's boyfriend and we hung out every now and then. Well after their breakup....I was the middle man for a while and decided to choose a side and well you can see which side I chose. Matt and I dated for about 2 months and broke up, stayed friends, then we decided to move in together. Well, the friend thing didn't last long. We started dating (again) July 19 2005 and the relationship moved quickly. He took me to Disney for my birthday and dropped to one knee in front of Cinderella's Castle in front of who knows how many people and popped the question. Of course I accepted and we celebrated our engagement and my 21st birthday! What a weekend! Well lots of celebrating can wear you out and get you pregnant and I found out December 23 2005 that we had a baby on the way. Febuary 4, 2006 we decided to tie the knot with a small ceremony at my parents house. We married each other in jeans, cowboy boots and belt buckles. It was exactly what we wanted since we are both from the country. August 25, 2006 we welcomed our daughter Finley Jean Marie DeHaven. She has changed our life! What a wonderful addition! I love being a mom and Matt loves being a dad. And Finley loves having us wrapped around her finger, (more Matt than me). December 2, 2006 we celebrated our love for each other with another wedding. This time with the big ivory dress, tuxes, and tons of flowers. It was magical! I had married the man of my dreams (twice at this point). I was happy. I had a wonderful husband and our family had started. Finley is now 2 1/2 and a pistol. She is so sweet with her hugs and kisses and her little moments she gives us. I wouldn't trade it for the world. We are living in Virginia and going through some tough times, mainly due to the economy..but then again who isn't. Hopefully, things get better soon! I will keep updating periodically to let you know what's going on.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for getting a page together :) I love seeing all of the pictures of Finley! Hopefully I'll get to see her soon. Give her a kiss for me!!

    Love Always,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Natalie!!! I love it!! I am soooo excited to see you and the family :) Finley is just way too cute! miss you so much! can't wait to see more! i will have to send you a link to our blog too :)

    ReplyDelete