THE DEHAVEN FAMILY

We are a military family, just beginning our lives in this whole new adventure! My husband, Matt, is in the U.S. Navy and works as a hospital corpsman. We have two beautiful daughters, Finley, 5 and Charli Lyn, 20 months. We feel so blessed to have each other and to take on this new lifestyle together.



Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A special visitor!

On Sunday, my mom, the girls and I made a trip up to St. Petersburg to get my grandma from the airport. She flew down from Iowa and is staying here in FL for a while til the winter passes up north. I was so excited to see her! She is such a special lady to all of us here. I am so happy that she is here while we are so that she can get reacquainted with Finley and get to know Charli. Finley absolutely loves her! She has asked me a million times already if her and grandma Jeanne can have a sleepover-spend the night party! Its too cute. I know that my grandma loves every second of it. Finley is just really funny and silly right now so she keeps us laughing. Always a good thing!
I'm so glad that we at least get a little over a week to spend with her before we leave. I wish it was longer. I love being around her, listening to her talk about all the different things she has done in her life, and what she is doing now. She is such an active lady at her age, 87, busy doing all kinds of things. It amazes me! I hope I can be just like her someday! She is truly someone that means the world to me and such a great role model for my girls.
Yesterday I had to run a quick errand and when I came back she was holding Charli, who was sleeping on her shoulder, and it was priceless. She was holding her great-granddaughter for the first time. It really was such a special moment.
I can only hope that she can relive moments like those for a long time! Matt and I are going to try and travel back to Iowa this summer with the girls and show them off. My family hasn't seen them since Matt and I got married and that's TOO long!! We are overdue for a visit!! Hopefully things will work out and that will be able to happen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment