THE DEHAVEN FAMILY

We are a military family, just beginning our lives in this whole new adventure! My husband, Matt, is in the U.S. Navy and works as a hospital corpsman. We have two beautiful daughters, Finley, 5 and Charli Lyn, 20 months. We feel so blessed to have each other and to take on this new lifestyle together.



Monday, March 7, 2011

The move is here....

Wow! Really?!?! Already? It seems some sort of surreal. It just seems that I just moved here from Virginia, away from the cold, snow, and Matt. But it was actually a year ago. I'm sure most of you that do this kind of thing know that when the first move is underway, that the time it is til you are with who you want to be with, moves slower than a snail. I can say that I was definitely, without a doubt, one of those people. It really never accurd to me that the time would actually come faster than I ever imagined. There is good and bad about that. The good is, obviously, that I get my "own" family back, in a home, where we can spend the much needed time together and get reaquainted. The bad is that I'm leaving my mom, family, and friends here. There is never a good time for that. I hate leaving my mom. She is my best friend and has been such a great rock for me through this time I have been away from my husband. She has been such a great help with my girls and I cant thank her enough for it. I will miss her everyday, and that i have been away from her before, the leaving ALWAYS sucks!! As for the rest of my family here, they have been such a great help with my girls and me. There have been some great times and I hope there are many visits with them. I will miss them too. Another sad good-bye is seeing my dad. He has had a year, a whole year, to bond with Finley. She is now so in love with her Papa, that she would rather spend all her time with him. It is so sweet. I know that seeing her go will make him so sad and that just makes me feel so guilty. And the fact that Charli was born here, and raised here for the first year of her life, we are leaving a ton of memories behind. With my family and friends seeing the girls all the time and the changes that they have made, its getting really hard to leave all that behind.I know that all of the new memories to be made with my husband and two girls will be worth all of this that we are going through right now..I just wish we didn't have to go through it. I really have never felt so guilty in my entire life.
We are going to be taking off tomorrow morning and hitting the road for the long day of driving we have ahead. I hope the girls will cooperate and we can get where we need to in good time, but given the fact that we are driving during the day, I'm sure there will a lot of pit stops. I hope Charli can handle the car seat that long!! Im really praying for that!! Now that she is just about walking and crawling absolutely everywhere, loving to be mobile, she will probably hate me tomorrow. I know Finley will be fine. I bought her a bunch of new little things to open in the car and play with. It will be a little "moving present". She will be excited for that and it will keep her busy.
Just knowing that I will get to be in a bed with Matt tomorrow night, even though its a hotel, its just surreal. I really am having trouble believing that we are here. At this point of moving to our first base as a family, living the real military life, and actually going through the motions. It will all be interesting to say the least. I will be able to call myself a real "Navy Wife" from now on. Its a wake up call for me!
Don't get me wrong. Im really excited about the move, but emotions are running high and goodbyes, being left to be said, its just all too sad. It will bring tears and sad feelings, but at the end of the day tomorrow, we will be a family of 4 for the first time ever!! Now, there is something that can't be replaced!

No comments:

Post a Comment