THE DEHAVEN FAMILY

We are a military family, just beginning our lives in this whole new adventure! My husband, Matt, is in the U.S. Navy and works as a hospital corpsman. We have two beautiful daughters, Finley, 5 and Charli Lyn, 20 months. We feel so blessed to have each other and to take on this new lifestyle together.



Friday, March 4, 2011

New Haircut!

Matt has always loved me with long hair. I think pretty much in general every man loves long hair. I dont get it, but whatever. I had long hair til the day Finley was an infant and pulled it out..it hurt like crazy! I went to the salon that day and chopped all my hair off! Since then I have kept my hair short and styled it just the way I like it.
I'd like to say recently, but for a while now, Matt has been begging me to grow my hair out. I finally gave in when I saw him over the summer in Chicago. So, its taken me from July til now to get my hair a little bit past my shoulders and I always took the time to fix it up nice and make myself look presentable as best I could. Then during the day, getting busy with the kids and stuff, it always wound up going up in a ponytail or some sort of twisted thing. And of course, the hair just never falls straight after that. I was just plainly getting so tired of having the long hair. It just felt heavy and it was always getting tangled and such and I was over it. So, it took some major convincing, coaxing and a little bribery!! (I promised him that we could get a king size bed...and then he got some ideas off that...) Then I thought, oh Lord, what have I done?? LOL! That definitely helped do the trick!! I got Matt around the idea that my hair is so much better short and its so much easier for me to take care of it and it takes less time, which is better with the girls anyhow!
So, with his support and his OK, I called up and made an appointment. I went in on Tuesday afternoon and although I couldn't help being excited, I was a little bummed on cutting it all off because deep down I didn't want to disappoint Matt. But it all came out great and I couldn't be happier with the end result! Especially since I got my roots touched up and some low lights put in. It was just what I needed before the big move. A good boost for me :)

Here are the before and after pics...
in the pic with my hair long, those are also my new glasses :)



No comments:

Post a Comment