THE DEHAVEN FAMILY

We are a military family, just beginning our lives in this whole new adventure! My husband, Matt, is in the U.S. Navy and works as a hospital corpsman. We have two beautiful daughters, Finley, 5 and Charli Lyn, 20 months. We feel so blessed to have each other and to take on this new lifestyle together.



Friday, March 4, 2011

The movers are here!!

Wednesday I spent pretty much all day going through the rest of our things, picking out what I wanted here to keep for the last couple days and what was heading to South Carolina on the truck. Keeping in mind that all I kept here was going to have to be stored in the van with us and two girls plus car toys, I kept it down to a minimum and still felt like there was too much kept here. Oh well. We'll deal with it. I kept catching myself,on wednesday while going through stuff, getting choaked up. I was imaginig that I'd be so excited that tears really wouldn't play a role in the "going through stuff phase". I knew I'd better get myself together because I knew this wasn't even with a thought going to be the hardest part.
Yesterday the movers showed up in a 55 foot semi. I was a little intimidated to be honest. Not that this was just a truck, but all my stuff was going to be living on this 18 wheeler for the next week and you know how it is when you dont have control of all your own belongings. I got over it real quick when the 3 mover guys got out and asked what was going and what was staying. Of course I immediately switched into my "mom-survival-adult" mode and gathered my things and took them around and showed them what to do and take. They numbered and listed every item/box/tote that I had and packed each one thouroughly and precautiously. I was impressed. They showed up at the condo at 10:10 and we left and headed for the storage unit at 11:50. They worked fast!!
When we got to the storage unit they started right in, going through what I already packed and checking to make sure it was packed nice and tight and safe. The did a great job! I was on site becuase there has to be a witness of their work and how they handle things. I never lifted a finger which was the best part, but my legs and feet hurt from standing and walking ALL day long! I'll tell you though, to not do anything, it was worth it :)
I couldnt believe how fast the whole thing went. They never took a break and just kept working their butts off and loading stuff. They got done with the storage unit around 430-5ish and headed for Jacksonville, where I guess they were doing another pick-up of stuff. I was kind of surprised when they told me that the bulk of all their moves and business is military. I dont know why it shocked me, but it did.
The driver explained to me that he has to drop off a move in Savannah, Ga on Tuesday of this up coming week and he would be at our house Wednesday. The only delay would be if something drastic happened. So it looks like we will be taking off Tuesday morning about 730 and hitting the road to Beaufort.
Im just taken back by how all of this is done and my stuff is on its way there and there really isn't much more to do! I mean this move is really 4 days away! Time has sure been on Matt and my's side. It will be quite the adventure!! Our first one as a family of 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment