THE DEHAVEN FAMILY

We are a military family, just beginning our lives in this whole new adventure! My husband, Matt, is in the U.S. Navy and works as a hospital corpsman. We have two beautiful daughters, Finley, 5 and Charli Lyn, 20 months. We feel so blessed to have each other and to take on this new lifestyle together.



Monday, January 31, 2011

New Friends

When Matt journeyed to Camp Lejuene, he knew he was going to meet all kinds of new people, fellow sailors, I guess. We didn't expect Matt to meet as many going to Beaufort as he did. I think so far he's met like 5-6 people being stationed down there! But one couple in particular stands out. Shane, who is in Matt's platoon for FMTB, will be joining us in Beaufort at the same time we are going there. Not only have they become friends, but Shane informed us that he is married to his wife Nicole, who is from San Antonio, TX and is a hair stylist. I thought my prayers had been answered when I found out that she was a hair stylist and I didn't have to try every place in town to find someone to do my hair! But she traveled to Camp Lejuene one weekend and Matt was able to meet her and gave her my number. She texted one day and we have talked every day since then! We are the same age and have just about everything in common! I think we will get along just fine. It helps so much that she is going through the exact same thing I am. She loves kids! She has two step-sons who live in TX. She made the move back in December to Wilmington North Carolina to be closer to her husband. I'm incredibly jealous :(
She sees him every weekend and spends the whole two days with him! SO LUCKY! But like me, the guys have been away since May and we miss them terribly! So, as we have talked and gotten to know each other better, we have been able to start the trust and confiding in each other. Which I love. I learned this week that she was having some nausea and feeling really yucky and sick. A couple days later I pushed her to take a pregnancy test and when she did, we learned that she was going to be a mommy of all her own! We both are so excited!! I cant wait to get to Beaufort and watch her go through it all. Having been there and done that, twice, I lended my hand to help and my shoulder to lean on. I know what every symptom feels like, every ache and pain. I cant wait! We are going to be having a little baby around again! Makes me want another one!! AH maybe I should stay away! Lol. It looks like she is dues October 6. My birthday month!! Something so great to look forward too!!! Not only am I excited to be moving to where they are going, but to be able to hang out face to face and go baby shopping!! I know that they will become such great friends of ours! It makes me feel so much better about moving to Beaufort!! Strange cities can make you nervous, especially moving onto a military base! But, with her around, it will make it that much easier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment