THE DEHAVEN FAMILY

We are a military family, just beginning our lives in this whole new adventure! My husband, Matt, is in the U.S. Navy and works as a hospital corpsman. We have two beautiful daughters, Finley, 5 and Charli Lyn, 20 months. We feel so blessed to have each other and to take on this new lifestyle together.



Monday, January 31, 2011

Garage Sale $$

For the last three weeks or so I have been so busy getting ready for the huge garage sale we were holding. I have been back and forth from the storage unit so many times I lost count. Bringing loads back to the house to only have them take up all the space in our garage. We couldn't barely walk through it let alone the girls trying to play and crawl in it. But I put my emotions aside and priced all of the baby items that I had that were no longer going to be used by Charli and got them ready for sale, all of the baby clothes that I have been hauling with every move and home we lived in and stickered them. I thought halfway through this, how am I going to do this, I cant give these precious clothes away, but I sucked it up and kept going through stuff knowing that if I kept it, it was going to be wasted space in our new home, which I have no idea how much space we are going to have. So, with that in mind, I kept my head down and emotions in the car and plugged through it all. As Saturday rolled around I realized I had SO much stuff. And we loaded up the van and truck, they were so full, and we took it over to the house in our old neighborhood that we lived in. Gulf Harbor doesn't allow garage sales so we were able to use a friend of ours' driveway. By 645am Saturday morning we were over there setting up and prepping for the day. We were concerned because it was rather chilly, 44*, that morning, but we put the signs up at both entrances and two minutes later we had customers! Never fails! LOL. By 830 I hadn't sold too much and my mom's things were going like hotcakes! But as the day rolled around things started flying of the tabled and cash was rolling in! I thought by like 12 or 1 we would be done, but I had people coming til 2! It was an excellent turn out and I got rid of so much stuff and it felt really good knowing that I no longer have all these things trailing me around the world. For all the things I didn't get rid of, I will just donate to an organization. Needless to say, it was all a success and it put a smile on my face knowing that my things were going to be used again by another family that needed them and couldn't afford new. I'd say all in all it was a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment