THE DEHAVEN FAMILY

We are a military family, just beginning our lives in this whole new adventure! My husband, Matt, is in the U.S. Navy and works as a hospital corpsman. We have two beautiful daughters, Finley, 5 and Charli Lyn, 20 months. We feel so blessed to have each other and to take on this new lifestyle together.



Wednesday, January 26, 2011

An Entire Year or so later.....

I see that those of you that were following this blog were probably wondering what has happened since I have not been keeping posts up to date for some time now. As Finley and I say, "Bad Mom Award." Haha! So much has been happening in our lives, that computer time, blogging time, sanity time has disappeared...it resurfaced not that long ago, but as I will explain, time still gets away from me without a notice!

To begin where we left off...the new house! We found an amazing house on top of the Blue Ridge mountains in Virginia. We lived there for a year. The house brought us amazing luck and bad luck all at the same time. The spring and summer and fall seasons at the house were just beautiful. The temperature was stuck around 80-85* and we never turned our AC on once! Blessing on the electric bill!! We could have all the doors and windows open and just let the fresh air in. We grilled out on the enormous size deck we had every night overlooking the Shenandoah Valley and watching the most beautiful sunsets mountains can give. Matt and I could see ourselves living in that house for a long time. The house just felt like "home". Not too many rentals can do that for you. We just were a family in our home with family over all the time and friends stopping by...not too many reasons not too love it. We had been living in the house for a few months, being happier than ever, when we found out the downfall. Matt's mom was given news that her cancer could no longer be helped. We tried everything we could, but it was getting the better of her. All of a sudden, everything changed, in a single breath, nothing could have made it better. We ended up spending so much time over at Matt's step dad's that his home became our home, and just like that, the mountain house lost all of its appeal. It was 30 mins away from the most precious woman life could give you. We spent everyday with her, laughing with her, enjoying meals with her, watching her take in all of Finley that she could, treasuring every minute possible. She lived every day to the fullest and she never let her spirits down! I hope someday that if anything like that happens to me, I can cope the way she did. I didn't know that anything could make this process easier to go through, the process of dying and death and watching it all day by day, until Finley's 3rd birthday party.....August 22...the day I found out I was PREGNANT! Our second child was on the way! And as the news got spread around like wild fire, because I had such a nervous and excited husband ;) .....everyone knew that we were having baby #2. Wendy arrived at the birthday party with a smile plastered on her face, she walked up to me, hugged me tight, and called me "bitch". That's so Wendy!! I will miss her everyday!! Wendy passed away September 24 and we were all with her holding her hands as she left us. It was so quiet, gentle, and peaceful. I have never witnessed something so beautiful. It has been over a year now that she has passed and still there isn't a day that goes by that I dont think of her and imagine her words, expressions, laughter watching our 2 babies play.

No comments:

Post a Comment