THE DEHAVEN FAMILY

We are a military family, just beginning our lives in this whole new adventure! My husband, Matt, is in the U.S. Navy and works as a hospital corpsman. We have two beautiful daughters, Finley, 5 and Charli Lyn, 20 months. We feel so blessed to have each other and to take on this new lifestyle together.



Saturday, February 28, 2009

Things are coming around!! Finally...

Well, things are finally starting to turn around for us. I'm sure most of you know what we have been going through the last 5 months, with Matt being out of work, dealing with his mom's lung cancer, and me trying to find more work. Well, after giving notice that we are moving out of the house that we are in...we have found this FABULOUS cabin up on top of one of the "blue mountains" with a view to die for. It was recently built and has a woodstove int he living room to help heat the house, we are so excited about that. Being in the house that we are in with no fireplace or wood stove and there is no insulation in the house, i'm sure you can imagine the Electric bills. They are part of our reason for moving. Finley loves the house. She gets so excited that we are going to bve living there. I hope that someday we can say that all or at least most of you came to visit us there. Matt and I are so excited to be moving there in about 2-3 weeks!! To add to our excitement...I have landed another job that I have been trying to get now for about a month. Now, I am currently teaching at 3 different gyms, about 22 classes a week, and am going for my personal training certification in may, june, or july. I am so estatic about this job. It pays so well and they are going to let me add some of my own classes on top of what they already offering me! Plus, they are going to let me start personal training there right away...at $60 an hour!! I'm like I will work 10-12 hour shifts! Matt made the comment the other day that he was going to be a stay home dad! How the tables have turned! Matt, I'm so proud of him, he passed his government courses online with a B+. You go babe!! So he is going to take the Federal government test soon and also take the US Postal test as well for a back-up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he does well. I'm sure he will. So say a little prayer too. Finley is getting cuter and cuter everyday. She has once again expanded her vocabulary. I am shocked when she says things to me that I didn't know she knew. "Cartoons" is a new word and is beginning to watch them every morning while she eats breakfast. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is a favorite. I'm okay with that! Just none of that Barney stuff......Winnie the Pooh is another one she is getting into. Anyways, just wanted to get another update on the page. I will let you know what's going on....thanks for all your support and prayers! I think that our prayers are finally being answered and we may be getting back up on our feet!!! :o)

Our New House "The Cabin"

No comments:

Post a Comment