THE DEHAVEN FAMILY

We are a military family, just beginning our lives in this whole new adventure! My husband, Matt, is in the U.S. Navy and works as a hospital corpsman. We have two beautiful daughters, Finley, 5 and Charli Lyn, 20 months. We feel so blessed to have each other and to take on this new lifestyle together.



Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Matt!

Finley and I at the bowling ally
Daddy and Finley at the bowling ally, notice her shoes!!

Matt and I on our "birthday date"


Feb. 18, 1981, which is 28 yrs. ago by the way, Matt made his debut. So, he decided to celebrate by taking me out to dinner. How great is that! We went to Mimi's and had a fabulous dinner ( which we never get to do anymore) and off we went to target to buy diapers (the duties never end...) and then he decided to go bowling. So off we headed to the ally, but by the time we arrived, it was packed. So, like two teenagers with nothing to do, we drove to Wal-Mart and walked around for a little while. It felt like we were in high school or something. Anyways, since the bowling ally was packed last night, we decided to go this afternoon. Walking in seeing that we are the only people there, it was great. A private bowling session. So Finley, Matt, and I bowled three games and believe it or not Finley is a pro! She bowled better than I did. How unfair is that, a 2 yr old is beating her 24 yr old mom!! So not fair!!! Matt bowled great as usual...he has a natural talent for everything I swear....I cant be better than him at anything....so disappointing. But anyways, we had a great time, since we don't do anything anymore. We felt spoiled to bowl! When we went up to the counter to get bowling shoes....the guy told us that Finley had to wear them too.....can you imagine bowling shoes that little? Oh my gosh! They are so cute!!! She was too adorable in them! I wanted to steal them but she would grow out of them by the time we would get home! So cute!! But anywho...Happy Birthday Matt and here is to a MUCH BETTER year! God knows we need and deserve it! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment